But first I have to finish two things:
- The cumbersome task of turning one year of my blog into a book because my Groupon expires on August 3rd. Michelle made it look easy, and it is proving to be anything but easy for me. And that's only doing one year of blogging. Let's hope the next two years are easier.
- Panicking about being an unemployed nurse. Well, the panic part probably won't end until I am actually working as an RN. But I need to finish with today's panic attack, and that won't be complete until I've checked the job boards for every hospital within 30 miles, as well as Craigslist and Monster, and then applied for any jobs that seem like they might possibly entertain the thought of hiring an inexperienced but very enthusiastic new RN. (And just a warning, if you write in my comments that there is a nursing shortage and that hospitals should be begging me to work for them, I will get on an airplane and fly to wherever you are just so I can personally punch-you-in-the-FACE. There is not a nursing shortage. And telling someone unemployed that there's an abundance of jobs in their field is as mean as telling someone overweight that you don't have to try at all to stay thin.)
So yeah. That all sounds like I'm not enjoying my summer, but I am absolutely 100% enjoying my "summer." (Did you know that Seattle has only had 78 minutes of temperatures above 80 degrees so far this year? It's true). And I will be back soon to catch ya'll up on the fun we've been having.
1 comment:
Well I don't have any words of wisdom about the unemployment, but it does look like you're having a fabulous summer. Enjoy! It will come to an end soon between work and kids back in school, but you will have wonderful memories!
Post a Comment