I was at Goodwill yesterday when this adorable $5 treasure and his identical $5 twin winked at me.

Just five bucks a piece! I thought of you, and how much you would love them sitting on the nightstands in our guest room when you come to visit. So I bought them. For you.
But then I got home, and on my way to the guest room I had to walk past my bedroom. And did you know that I have white and gray bedding? And do you know what looks really good with white and gray bedding? Yellow lamps from Goodwill. No, it's true.
But the problem was, the accent pillows in my bedroom were green. That wouldn't do at all. So today I was at Target buying $15 lampshades for the $5 yellow Goodwill lamps, and guess what else I found? A $25 yellow pillow that looks fabulous with gray and white bedding and yellow Goodwill lamps.
So I'm sorry, even though I bought them for you, they are mine now. But you'll get some really fancy Ikea lamps and some hand-me-down green pillows to keep you company in the guest room when you come to visit.

5 comments:
Such a clever commentary, I always enjoy reading your blog! YOUR new lamps look great :)
They look fabulous. Now I really want to work on my awful bedroom...
Those are darling! I may have to come visit so I can see your new cute house that I have yet to see.
I am physically incapable of creating a room like that.
treasures!!! i love treasures! whether they be yours or mine!
Post a Comment