Saturday, July 3, 2010

New wheels

My sister Jodi arrived last night with her family to visit for a few days. And am I ever glad she did! That girl is clearly my lucky charm.

This morning driving back from a hike, we passed a garage sale in my neighborhood. I said, "Look fast! Do you see anything we need?" And she said, "Naaah. Just one of those old bikes with big handlebars."

"Screeeech!" said my brakes.
Parked in the driveway was just the beautiful old cruiser I was hoping for! It's hard to say what my favorite thing about my new bicycle is, because there's too many things to settle on just one: the $5 price tag, the fact that the homeowner called me a little girl when I returned with my money in hand ("That little girl is back to buy the bike."), the awesome fenders, the sheepskin seat cover, the white wall tires, or the rear view mirror. The only thing missing, for now, is a big basket for carrying beach towels. That will be remedied ASAP.

I'm not sure who was laughing more as I rode my new cruiser home, me (feeling a bit like Pee-Wee Herman) or Jodi as she drove home behind me.

3 comments:

Astrid said...

That is a seriously awesome bike.

And I believe it is also missing a ringy-dingy bell?

Nikolc said...

That bike is pretty sweet. Should give you a good work to ride w/o gears around here.

Blackhamster said...

I, for one, have had the pleasure of cruising on this fine piece of machinery and have to say that it is impossible to not grin while pedaling away.