In the beginning, there were miles of tangled wires behind my computer. And so I decided to drill a hole in the desk to push them thru so the miles of tangled wires would be under the desk instead. I wish I had before and during photos for you. But I don't. I also don't have pictures of the mess I created under the desk due to making inaccurate assumptions about where certain really thick and impossible to drill through cabinetry was below the desk. The bottom of the desk is not pretty. But the top isn't so bad. I just need one of those furniture cover things for the hole.
So after I had the mess of wires under the desk I had to figure out what to do with it, besides use it as a magnet for dog hair tumbleweeds.
And then I saw this at Ikea:

And with it I came home and did this:

They are all discreetly tucked up under the desk (except the cable wire--nothing to be done with that.) Now I just need to pull out that old speaker under the desk, patch up the drywall, and paint it. Anyone know how to do big drywall patches?
3 comments:
I thought this was going to be another trapeze post :)
I am extremely impressed! I feel like you should live near me and coach me on how to do things like a big girl!! (And, BTW, I should send you pics of all my wall hangings leaning on the bottom of the wall....after almost two years in our house) =] We'd so get along!
Oh, that was me, by the way...I don't even know what I'm doing...
Post a Comment