I'm not finished with any new projects, but I thought I'd post some progress photos since I need to stop decorating and get serious about that thing called Nursing School again.This weekend we unpacked the last of the boxes--BOOKS! I picked up an Expedit bookshelf at Ikea last week, and I'm thrilled to be reunited with all of our books again. I'm not finished arranging things on it yet, but I'm really in love with the new bookshelf.
Please take notice of ALL of the picture frames resting against walls in these photos.
Seriously, this is an illness. It just feels like such a commitment to hammer a nail in the wall, and then what if I don't like where the picture is? And do you know what is so ridiculous about this? I have raised and lowered the curtain rods in my "sitting room" twice now, and I think I need to do it just one more time--they need to be two inches lower. And guess how many more holes that will leave in the wall? Twelve, bringing the number up to 36. And yet I can't hang one picture for fear it might not be just right.
There are still little piles of Stuff I Don't Know What To Do With lying around. I need to just throw it all in a box and send it to Goodwill. I bet I wouldn't miss it.

And now that I've painted the other room, the family room is just begging to be painted. What do you think? All the walls? Only one wall? What color?
7 comments:
We have the same color schemes! The same shade of blue and brown, but I have moss green in it too. I love it. ...and guess what? Same illness. I cannot hang pictures for all of the same reasons! Richard gets so frustrated, I move without him now! It makes life easier. Your home looks lovely and welcoming. You have a wonderful talent to go with that illness. Happy housewarming!
It looks great so far! So comfortable and stylish too!
I am loving the bookshelf and I especially love how you color-coordinated your books on it.
I thought that first picture was from a decorating magazine! Very nice!
all walls lavender! It is the new neutral.
Also....you are so organized! I have always wondered what could be done with all those computer wires.
Love your house, Jami! You are very talented with decorating! I am also seriously loving your blue lamps with your brown couch - so stylish!
Love the bookcase and how you have it organized so far! It's awesome. I definitely think you should paint but not sure what color.
I'm having issues deciding what color/kind of curtains to put up in the kitchen over the sliding glass door and in the living room. We haven't even made it to artwork yet!
Post a Comment