The other thing I'm working on is seeking out a daily happiness. Yesterday I woke up and had a list of many things I "should" do, while the only thing I wanted to do was cuddle up on the couch and read a book. So many times I will talk myself out of doing something I want to do, because there are so many things I "should do." So yesterday I gave myself a pass. I let the laundry and dishes sit and I read my book. It felt decadent. And guess what? Nothing fell apart. I had a little more to do today than I would have, but I was far happier doing it because yesterday was so nice. So I'm going to try to consciously seek out that little indulgence every day and I'm adding that to my sidebar too.
4 comments:
This is a good idea. I like it. I've been trying to do the thoughful wife thing each day for Richard. He's always ahead of me in the thoughtful dept. Thanks for the reminder. I love the sidebar addition too. Thanks for glimpses of "life with Jami"!
Love it. I do that with books all the time. It's so nice! I like your nightstand lists. Casidee is reading the rules for girls too. Some of them are CRAZY!
love to check in on you guys...Steve mentioned he's been in touch with you. You were seriously the best thing that could have happened to him during those crazy high school years! Your girls are just darling and your writing is so fun to read...I'm with you about how much fun big kids are. It's so fun to go to lunch or just hang in the kitchen and actually have a great stimulating conversation with one of my girls - so fun!
I love your ideas and it was fun to read them! I should make my list the what I could have done while I opted to read or go to a movie, etc. I need better self-discipline. I'm impressed that you have to talk yourself into self-indulgences! Good for you! I also really like the idea of documenting your daily dose of happiness--that'll come in handy on those days when life frankly sucks!
Post a Comment