Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Personal expression

I usually try to offer gentle guidance when my children get dressed in the morning.  When I don't, this is the fallout.
Now this absolutely adorable outfit was chosen on a Saturday, and I'm all about boosting my girls' self-esteem and creativity on the weekends.   However, much to Kolby's horror, Madeline wore a very similar outfit to school on Thursday because the girls were so excited to go play in the garage (yes, you read that correctly) before school that they dressed themselves without consulting me first.  And I, being raised by a mother who believed choosing your own outfit is key to good self-esteem, bit my tongue and let her wear it to school.  I kind of think she rocked it.  But I'm not sure what her fellow 3rd graders thought.

So I don't know.  What are you judging me the most for?  
  1. Letting my girls out in public looking like this.
  2. Not letting them freely choose their own outfits every day.
  3. The fact that the most exciting thing they have to do is play in our horribly disorganzed and freezing cold garage on top of a mattress leaning on its side against the wall.

2 comments:

The Circus said...

I've taken Cali to daycare in a dance leotard and snowboots before. And mattress leaned against anything rock.

Michelle said...

I don't see the problem here. Animal prints are in. Unicorn shirt is mythical. Cute tights. Crocs. I'd say she's got all the key assets for a hot outfit! And I won't even let Zach get Caid dressed because I'm pretty positive he would believe this.