But now I feel I should clarify...I do not actually think my oldest daughter is weird. I think she's absolutely adorable and entertaining and spunky and perfect.
When we told the girls we were going to move, Madeline was definitely sad about it, but she was also hopeful that when we moved she'd have a friend who lived close by with "an imagination as good as mine. Or at least almost as good."
She's pretty sharp. I sometimes worry that she'll do the whole birthing imaginary cat thing, or something similar, at school and kids will tease her. But she doesn't. She administers "imagination tests" so kids don't think she's "cuckoo." So she slowly feels kids out as she's getting to know them. They're willing to play Bella Sara Land (horses)? Pass level one. Willing to be a dog? Pass level two. Etc. Pretty smart, I think.
And in eight years, I have never, not even once, not even on a 12 hour car ride, heard that girl say the words "I'm bored." One time, when she was about 2.5, we were in the car for a while and the whole time she was watching out the window smiling. I eventually asked her what she was smiling about and she said, "I was just finking about riding on a unicorn and my hair was long and flowing in the wind and so was the unicorn's mane."
Does it get more adorable than that?
1 comment:
She definitely is adorable! I can't wait to come visit in May!
Post a Comment