My oldest child is weird. There's really no gentle way to phrase it. Weirdly imaginative? Today she came home from school and talked for 2.5 hours about her imaginary fox. Or was it a cat? Or maybe both? I got confused (okay, I had to tune it out) after a while, because this is not unusual for her. Whatever it was, a fox or a cat, today it was giving birth, and she had to get home in time to help deliver the babies. Oh yeah--I think it was a cat. I'm pretty sure it had kittens.
Then, with that task finished, she said, "Today at school I was happier than a lizard escaping his predator. Wanna know why?" They dissected owl pellets, that's why. And she found "3 skulls, 2 pelvises, some ribs, maybe a leg bone or something, and some vertebrae!"
When she's not assisting in the birth of fox (or cat) babies, she's creating her own alien museum.


In case you can't read it, the piece above is called "Why does the pickle rule me?"

Can't remember what this guy's name is.

And now below, the piece de resistance: "Cyclopes rules them all." Please note his importance is reflected in the pedestal and glass case surrounding him.


3 comments:
She is hysterical. So funny. Love the museum.
Funny how Addie and Maddie are so similar. Addie is always talking about her friends (mickey, daisy, etc) and how they are coming over, etc. She's gone so far as to go out on the porch and yell to them. I'm sure it's only going to get worse....especially since her best friends are her stuffed animals. :)
Gotta love that she has such a good imagination- even if it seems a little weird.
What an imagination! Loved the pickle and cyclops pieces. It's like Salvador Dali meets Dr. Seuss.
Post a Comment