We hit Pike's Place twice this week with Mom and Jodi. I took them while the girls were in school on Friday, and we pretty much had the place to ourselves...for good reason. It was COLD.

On Saturday the sun came out and we (along with the rest of Seattle) decided to crawl out of our caves and soak up some Vitamin D. We went back to Pike's with Kolby and the girls and bought all the fixings for a yummy dinner at home: fresh salmon, scallops, hedgehog mushrooms, pasta, and a chewy baguette. It was fun to be the source of all the hollerin' and fish throwing at the fishmonger stand.






The dinner Kolby made for us with all our Pike's Place finds was so amazing! Gum for dessert.
We also ventured down to Post Alley to see Seattle's finest: the Wall of Gum. Madeline chewed her gum far past it's prime so she could contribute to this incredible art installation.
4 comments:
Hi there! Is that the market that was on MTVs Real World? Neat.
I am amazed by the wall of gum....intrigued and grossed out at the same time....how big is the wall?
Jeannie from the March board...
Hmm. I can never figure out responding to comments...It's a pretty good sized wall of gum! The gum probably goes up the wall six feet, and extends down the alley maybe....100 feet? It is definitely intriguing. I think the city tried to clean it off for a while, but decided it was futile.
This is the market that was in Real World and Sleepless in Seattle. It's awesome.
Nice wall of gum pics!
Wow! I love Pike's Market, but I'll admit, I've never ventured to the gum wall. That's quite . . . impressive! Hope you're all doing well.
Post a Comment