This morning she woke up and said, "I had the best dream last night. We were in a candy store and I found a $100 and a few pennies, and I showed them to you and you said I could buy candy. So I bought a huge lollipop and when I finished eating it I handed the stick to Maddie and she said, "Can I eat it?" because even the stick was candy, and I said, "No. You can hold it while I wash my hands." So I washed my hands and then I ate the lollipop stick, and then I had another huge lollipop, and it went on and on and on until I threw up."
I don't think she'd ever even had one of those huge lollipops. So today when I was walking around Pike's Place with Pam and Rex, we saw a candy store selling them, and I decided to bring a couple home for the girls.
Amelia was disappointed that Maddie got one too (because it didn't happen that way in her dream). And it was a bummer that the stick wasn't candy either.
1 comment:
You try to be nice! So funny. Those lollipops really are an icon of childhood, you have to have at least one before you can pass into the realm of "tweenhood."
Post a Comment