So we went to the store, and Amelia picked out Fruity Pebbles for the feathers, I'm sure because she knew there would be leftovers for eatin'. Fruity Pebbles are delicious! We carefully sorted them by color, and glued them to the feathers. We used oatmeal and plain rice krispies for the body. Then Madeline found some beads to use for the feet. There was LOTS of glue involved. The turkey was gorgeous.
And then we went to bed and left the turkey to dry on the ottoman. Can you see what's coming? Why didn't we?
The next morning, we're loading up backpacks for school, and where's turkey? Did Dad put it somewhere? Amelia, did you put it in your backpack already? And then I see two beads on the floor. Turkey toes. But nothing else...I wander the house and find no turkey remains. Usually Gabby isn't so thorough. Amelia is reaching hysteria at this point, still thinking turkey is just misplaced. And then I find a piece of paper, maybe one inch square, a bit soggy, with just one glue soaked blue Fruity Pebble still attached.
Amelia bursts into tears, hating her dog, who just last week chewed a hole through her trick or treat bag and ate all her Halloween candy.
Madeline bursts into tears, afraid that Elmer's Glue is toxic and the dog will die, forgetting that Gabby survived the toxic chocolate and plastic candy wrappers from Mia's trick or treat bag.
Amelia cries harder because her sister is such an animal-loving jerk.
Eventually, the drama ebbs and the girls go to school, Amelia armed with the very believable excuse that the dog ate her homework.
7 comments:
oh my heck! i'm dying! that is so so sad, but so funny!
Ohhh, I can just see it all now. Poor little Mia. So will you have to make another one tonight?
Poor Mia. How sad. Did her teacher believe her?
Oh, that is terrible! I hope the teacher isn't mad and lets her do the project again!
Jami...I was looking at Nicole's blog tonight and saw your comment -then went to her main page and saw your name - how are you?? What darling girls you have - they are beautiful! Sounds like life is good - so fun to stumble onto your blog and so fun to read about your family. Steph Nichol Sill
I remember your mum having a similar situation with a picture she painted. She sat it outside to dry and . . .yep, dog ate it. Sara had a dog that ate her underwear. And yet we continue to love them and feed them fruity pebbles! I hope Amelia has recovered and the dog is back in the good graces of the family.
That's hilarious! I can't believe that happened! I also can't believe gabby ate Amelia's candy!
Amanda & Anthony
Post a Comment