I do really really love my set of these. They are the perfect weight, perfect sized brim, nice simple design. I love having my morning coffee from them.
However, my friend Stephanie kept talking about how much she loved her holiday mugs--she buys a different one for each holiday and drinks her coffee from it for the duration of that holiday season, and it makes her happy. For a while, I couldn't get past worrying about the unmatchiness of that. What do you do? How do you live with it? I don't know! But one day, while fondling the Halloween mugs at Starbucks, I decided that I was going to buy one. How would I handle the cognitive dissonance caused by bringing this mug home without its family? I didn't know, but the mugs were just so cute, I thought it was worth a try.
Guess what? She was completely right. The world was a better place with that little spider in my coffee. I loved having a Halloween mug so much that I bought an entirely different Halloween mug when Starbucks marked them down.
Then I bought a Christmas one a few weeks later (my favorite mug ever, but you'll have to wait to see it). And they are like a little piece of MORE happiness (as if there wasn't enough already!) every morning when I pour my coffee.
And I decided to just call them holiday decorations so I don't have to worry about them not being part of a set. They get packed up with all the Halloween decor on November 1st.
4 comments:
If you want to get even a little more "crazy"...they often carry kids' sized travel mugs that are holiday themed too. My boys love them. And we don't buy them a matching set :) ~Heidi
And I thought I had issues. If i get to be "Cat Lady", I'm calling you Mug Lady.
check out littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com it has some way cute ideas! but no mugs...
You know I actually collect mugs because they make me happy :) I have every season, holiday...and even a tv show or two in there!
Post a Comment