Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Portland Getaway

A few weeks ago we snuck down to Portland for a surprise birthday weekend for the 40th birthday of our friend Greg (aka Nellie). Nellie is like me--a big surprise party would be his worst nightmare. But Kristin wanted to do something fun for him, so she arranged for just a few of us to stay at a hotel in downtown Portland with plans to surprise him when they arrived at the restaurant in the hotel for dinner. It was kind of a gift for all of us though--so much fun to stay downtown, hang out with friends, and eat lots of yummy food. (Our girls were staying at the Nelsons with Kristin's kids and her parents so they didn't miss us at all.)

For me, this weekend was very much a payoff for "all my hard work." (Feel free to eyeroll. I'm rolling my own eyes at myself.) Working 40 hours a week is kicking my butt. Just a big adjustment for me. I don't mind waking up at 4:45am, but I'm not staying awake much past 9pm, and the second I sit down I fall asleep. I know I'll adjust eventually, but right now "work tired" is the name of the game. (I do LOVE my job though). So it was nice to use my paycheck to pay for this weekend, it's nice to understand what all the hype is about weekends finally, and it was lovely to truly enjoy the weekend with Kolby and friends.







1 comment:

The Circus said...

Awe sweetness! I need to drag West out to the coast to meet you guys.