Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Civil Wars

Last night Kolby and I went to see one of our newest favorites in concert. Kolby heard them on Prairie Home Companion a few months ago and downloaded their album when he got home, and we have listened to it over and over and over again since then. I cannot get over the beauty of their voices weaving in and out of each other's like musical instruments. Absolutely one of the most beautiful "duos" I've heard.

Last weekend when we were in Portland (post to follow), Kolby and I were talking about how some of our favorite concerts ever were at the Aladdin Theater, an old movie theater in SE Portland. We saw Steve Earle and Josh Ritter there years ago, and it was the perfect venue for both of them. When we walked into the Neptune Theater last night, we were so pleased to see it looked almost identical to the Aladdin.

On stage, it was just Joy and John Paul with his guitars. Their sound was so pure and they looked like they were having the time of their lives. This concert definitely ranks in my top 5 ever, and if you haven't heard them (and like Americana music) you should definitely give them a listen.



No comments: