Saturday, September 10, 2011

Utah or Bust: Blackham Style

Kolby's brother Clayton and his wife's family go to the Oakley Rodeo every year for the 4th of July. They had extra tickets this year, so we decided to join them. I went to rodeos all the time growing up, and wanted the girls to experience this for the first time.
They were a little concerned about the animals, and cheered for the bulls and broncos a little more than the cowboys, but we all had a great time.

Kolby's mom moved up to Farmington a little over a year ago and you can see the Lagoon ferris wheel from her back deck. So Lagoon is a must when we go to Utah now. The kids love all the roller coasters, and even agreed to take a break from the rides to check out the water park this time. Ana came with Aidan and baby Amare, and I had fun holding Amare while the kids played with Aidan. Although I did have to fight this one quite a bit for him.
On our way back from the cabin we stopped at Clay and Courtney's house for a barbeque. Pammy and Rex brought their big blow up water slide, and mayhem ensued.
And we snuck in a few family photos with us in our fanciest duds and a beautiful background.
All the Blackham cousins
Pammy and Rex
I did a little multi-tasking, snuggling Amare while I studied for the NCLEX.
And I love this picture of the Blackham Girls. Mia, Maddie, and Addie.
We had such a great time in Utah. Amare was born three weeks early, and was three weeks old when we arrived. I was so pleased to see that he was still just an itty bitty thing. Ana and Adrian stayed at Pammy's house when we were there, so we got in a lot of snuggle time with him. This is one of the hardest parts about living away--seeing how much the babies grow in between visits. Hopefully we'll get to Utah again soon before he gets too big!


1 comment:

Courtney said...

We wish you lived closer. It was fun to be with you guys for a little bit. Next time, we'll have to come up there.