So did I mention the kids are back in school?
I saw this idea on Pinterest recently, and decided this week as I was pulling out the various bags of frozen fruits to make smoothies that this idea is brilliant, especially on mornings when the girls needs to make their own breakfast.
Here's what I put in my freezer smoothie packs:
1 cup various fruits--mixed berries, mango, and 1/2 a ripe banana
small handful of spinach
3 cubes of greek strawberry yogurt frozen in ice cube trays
These packs took minutes to make. Now they are all looking cute in my freezer, ready to be dumped into the blender with some vanilla soy milk and blended for a quick breakfast or after school snack. I debated whether to make them big enough for two smoothies, or just one. Since the girls are on different schedules now, I opted for single packs this time around.

2 comments:
Love it! Such a great idea!
That's a great idea. My guys go through phases (sometimes smoothies everyday for a week, then months with none) ... I've never had a fruit smoothy myself (not even most of ingredients, of what you mentioned ... I've eaten a banana).
Post a Comment