Monday, September 12, 2011

Cognitive Dissonance

So over the last few weeks I've been to Target more than usual trying to track down school supplies, socks, underwear, etc. for the kids for back to school. Unfortunately, someone decided this was a great time to remodel both of the Targets I usually go to, and nothing has been where it belongs. Kids' clothes are intermingled with women's clothes one day, and with groceries the next time I go. (I swear.)

I am not used to frustrating Target trips. Target is my happy place. This is not the Target I know and love! Each of these trips left me with increasing levels of anxiety, especially because I was trying to navigate these unfamiliar cluttered aisles with two energetic girls. Girls with lists in their hands. Lists that were not getting checked off because nothing was where it should be and Mama had to leave because the chaos was giving her hives.

So last Tuesday, the first day of school, after running an errand on the other side of town we stopped at a different Target for a couple more items for school. You have no idea the peace and tranquility that filled my soul when I walked in to see this:
I first had to get a Starbucks latte just to celebrate, and then had to walk around the beautifully arranged store touching everything and purring.

I'm not going back to my Target until they get themselves sorted out. Life's too short for crappy Target trips.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I think we should stitch that on a pillow: Life is too short for crappy Target trips." That sums up our entire experience in this life, don't it?