
Thai Peanut Chicken Wraps
Ingredients:
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips (I diced it before cooking so it would cook faster)
1 tbs cooking oil (Jodi uses peanut oil, I used sesame oil)
4 cups broccoli slaw (Jodi uses one bag, I didn't have it so I chopped up a few crowns of broccoli)
1 medium red onion
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
Tortillas
Butter lettuce (aka Boston Bibb lettuce), rinsed, leaves separated whole and dried
Peanut Sauce:
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy work, I kind of like crunchy for the added crunch)
3 tbs soy sauce
5 tbs water
3 tbs cooking oil
1 or 2 cloves freshly pressed garlic cloves
Peanut Sauce:
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy work, I kind of like crunchy for the added crunch)
3 tbs soy sauce
5 tbs water
3 tbs cooking oil
1 or 2 cloves freshly pressed garlic cloves
Chili garlic sauce to taste (Jami's addition, because I like my Thai food a little spicey)
Directions:
Season chicken strips with garlic salt and pepper. In a large skillet cook chicken in hot oil on medium-high until no pink left. Put aside and keep warm. In same skillet add broccoli mix, onion, and ginger. Cook until crisp but tender.
Make peanut sauce while veggies cook. In a small saucepan combine sauce ingredients, heat and stir until dissolved.
Serve by layering the veggies, chicken, and sauce in a tortilla or piece of lettuce. Wrap it up. Eat it up. Lick your plate. Makes 6-8 wraps. (Makes a great salad too!)
Season chicken strips with garlic salt and pepper. In a large skillet cook chicken in hot oil on medium-high until no pink left. Put aside and keep warm. In same skillet add broccoli mix, onion, and ginger. Cook until crisp but tender.
Make peanut sauce while veggies cook. In a small saucepan combine sauce ingredients, heat and stir until dissolved.
Serve by layering the veggies, chicken, and sauce in a tortilla or piece of lettuce. Wrap it up. Eat it up. Lick your plate. Makes 6-8 wraps. (Makes a great salad too!)
Optional toppings: cilantro, lime, chopped peanuts, sweet chile sauce (which is a must, in my opinion. Although I put sweet chile sauce on everything. Even kale.)
These were fantastic! The girls and Kolby ate them with tortillas. I ate mine with lettuce because I love lettuce wraps. Kolby joined me in my lettuce happiness after his tortilla. I love sweet chile sauce, and Kolby and I both agreed that the sweet chile sauce elevated these to an "11." Ha. I had the leftovers the next day as a salad and it was delicious. I might try a little less sugar in the sauce next time though.
Did they eat it?
Amelia: This is so good! I'm eating it all. Even the chicken. Can I taste your lettuce? No, don't mess that perfectly good lettuce leaf up with that chicken, please.
Madeline: My thumb is 80% up. Can you figure out how to make it without chicken? Like maybe hot dogs or something.
Kolby: This needs to be in the "saved" folder. It's really really good.
Jami: My sister is so cool.
2 comments:
OMG, I am totally making these!!! Mind if I link back here from my blog when I do make them?
Link away, Astrid!
Post a Comment