Sunday, December 12, 2010

We are family

I know you are all sick of hearing about our cats. But maybe if I just explain a little bit, you're attitude will improve.

You see, we have the best cats in the history of cats. This after having a cat who was a tyrant for 14 years. I can't tell you how many times a day I hear from members of the family, or exclaim loudly myself, "I love these cats so much!"

At first I thought it could just be that our family was just in the honeymoon phase after getting out of an abusive relationship with Lucy, our ex-cat. But it's been 18 months, and our kitties get kinder, cuddlier, and cuter every day. We still take pictures of them sleeping. I can hardly walk by either one of them without picking them up and rubbing my face in their fur. I can't help but laugh when I hear Willow's fat paws lumbering down the hallway. We all sleep in ridiculously uncomfortable positions when Mango is snuggled up with our legs because we don't want her to leave. In the morning whomever she chose to sleep with that night brags about it for as long as possible.

These kitties bring so much happiness to our house. I can't imagine not having them around to keep me company. Sure, they bring in dead animals and take naps in the Christmas tree. But they make up for it with their cuddles and cuteness. And so now you see why I must continue to talk about the cats. I'm glad you understand.

3 comments:

Nikolc said...

I know just what you mean. Barley is the first pet that we have poured over as if he is one of our children...he just cannot do anything wrong by us.

We do things I KNOW are not seemly...like take photos of his furry sleeping face with our phones just so the person holding him can see what we see. The exact angle of cuteness. Lame.

And we all small his head to destress after a day. We actually pass him back and forth to do this. Now that AINT RIGHT. But, whatever.

Jodi said...

Are you seriously blogging about your cats while you're in HAWAII? You are sick.

Clay said...

That pic of them sleeping together looks like the yin an yang sign.