It seems I've been neglectful, and really not for any good reason other than I was feeling lazy and uninspired.
But I'm on break from school, so I'm going to commit here and now to blogging TWELVE times between now and Christmas. I can't promise it'll be quality blogginess, but it'll be something. So come back! I've not abandoned you!
So for Day One, I'll share a few pics of the snow days the kids had the week of Thanksgiving. You'll laugh at the amount of snow that earns us two days home from school.
While the kids were outside playing in the snow, I was inside baking and cooking and decorating and refilling countless mugs of hot cocoa and apple cider. My own version of enjoying a snow day.
Something I've been wanting to do for a long time is an art wall with the kids' projects from school. I've been saving their artwork for a couple of years, but buying the frames and actually hanging those frames (remember that li'l issue I have?) has been holding me back. I finally decided to just tape them to the wall. (I've since had to use thumbtacks because the tape didn't hold. So now there's 64 holes in my wall. And here I am, still breathing, still walking. It's incredible.)
That self-portrait of Mia on the bottom has been replaced with a really fantastic self-portrait she brought home yesterday. No photos to show yet because my laundry room is piled high right now.
That self-portrait of Mia on the bottom has been replaced with a really fantastic self-portrait she brought home yesterday. No photos to show yet because my laundry room is piled high right now.There you go. Day one.
3 comments:
You are SO right, I am laughing at the amount of snow! We had enough (over a foot) that I actually thought we might have school cancelled, or delayed ... but no.
Love the artwork collage.
Love the art wall! Your girls are very talented--I especially like the tree picture. I love to read your blog and I'm looking forward to your 12 days of blogginess!
Um, I'm surprised the sled would even go down the hill with that amount of (or lack of) snow! lol.
Glad you are still breathing and can't wait to see Mia's new self portrait!
Post a Comment