Since neither of our moms are on Facebook, where all of my photos end up now thanks to my fancy new Kin phone Mr. Blackham scored for me, and since I have nothing interesting to say, I thought I'd post a few photos of recent happenings that my mom and Pammy may have missed.
The girls are wrapping up the school year right now, which means evenings of music concerts, foreign language festivals, field trips, etc. This photo was taken the evening of their music concert. They are both looking so grown up to me.

Amelia started swim team about two weeks ago. This is where she and Maddie are complete opposites. The biggest reason Madeline had for not wanting to do swim team this year was that it is every day, and she just cannot handle having to do something every day. Amelia just eats it up. She had Friday off this week--no swim team, no rockclimbing, no softball, and she was so disappointed. "Oh no! What am I supposed to do then?"
This is what swim practices have looked like for most of the last few weeks. WET! Hopefully our weather will improve before swim meets begin. (For all you Utahns who are used to bailing out of the pool at the first sign of rain, we don't get many thunder storms here, so the pools stay open when it rains. Otherwise they'd never be open. Ha.).
The kids are unphased by the rain though. They begged Kolby to take them swimming today, despite the rain, since our neighborhood pool opened last week and we haven't been yet (other than for swim practice). They swam until their teeth hurt from chattering, and even then they wanted "Ju-u-u-s-t a f-e-e-w m-o-r-e m-i-i-n-u-t-t-e-s." And I have just one more week to go to finish my first year of nursing school. This quarter has been pretty mild, but I'm still ready for Summer. I have a million house and yard projects nagging my brain, and I'm ready to devote some energy to them.
Last week we practiced starting IVs in the lab. This is Mr. Smith. He and I are intimately acquainted after nine months of me performing painful procedures on him. I've stopped being offended by that look on his face. Whoever designed the mannequins for nursing schools must have thought they were pretty funny for making the mannequins look like they are perpetually screaming in agony.






Counting down the days until SUMMER!
3 comments:
I love that picture of the girls! They look so big and gorgeous!
That mannequin is hilarious. too funny. And yes, the girls are looking very old. Not fair.
THank you Pammy for holding out on Facebook, and THank you Jami for still putting pictures on your blog for us gr-ma's. And where is the video of some of this stuff? Love you tons, miss you all.
Post a Comment