Monday, June 14, 2010

The End and the Beginning


Okay, so it's not officially the end, but I took my final this morning, which marked the end of my first year of nursing school. WOOOHOO! I can't believe only one year to go until I'm an RN!

This also marks the beginning of Summer, and I am a girl who loooooooves Summer. (I know this does not make me unique.) I have so many fond memories of playing night games with the neighborhood kids (kick-the-can, sardines, mother may I, etc.), spinning the Big Wheels upside down on the front lawn while all the neighbors chatted, swimming at Crestwood Pool, riding bikes, camping, boating, Bear Lake,the cabin, trips up the canyons to escape the heat, stacks of books from the library, catching pollywogs in the pond in the child molester field, later playing on the dirt piles or making mud baths in the yard while mom and dad were building the house. Even picking raspberries and pulling weeds in the garden. Aaaah. I love it all. If I close my eyes I can smell each and every one of those memories.

Kolby and I were just discussing that we are now creating those memories for our own kids. Last weekend they played night games with the neighbor kids until it was too dark to see. With the sun finally emerging in the last few days, we spent hours at the pool with all of their friends. Dive team begins tonight for Madeline. Amelia's first swim meet is tomorrow. The girls ride their bikes and scooters for hours with the neighbor kids. They catch snails under the Japanese Maple and have a secret club. A couple more days left of school for the girls and then we'll get in some beach time and hiking and gardening and berry picking and kayaking and camping. And cousins!!! Lots and lots of cousins this summer! My list of things I'm excited to do is so long I don't know where to start.

So I think I'll start with a pineapple popsicle and a trashy magazine.

3 comments:

Marie said...

Funny we were just talking about loading up the suburban with 6 kids and 6 of their friends... we layed the middle seat down and everyone sat against the outside with their feet in the center no seat belts!!! And we had a boat full of toys and bikes and food... one can of pop per kid per day! Yep, we are fun... YOU ARE FUN! Sounds like the kids are having a great time. love ya, miss ya tons

Michelle said...

Congrats on one year left! Can't wait for you guys to visit this summer!

Jodi said...

I'm already craving those yummy lemon popsicles we at last summer. And we're all counting down the days...the only thing better than summer is summer with cousins:)