It's interesting now to remember the thoughts running through my 19 year-old brain as I listened to that song and daydreamed about what our life would be like together. Interesting and embarrassing and hilarious. Of course, life has been nothing like I imagined. It's been so much more difficult and frustrating and joyful and exciting and fantastic than I could have ever dreamed. (It's also involved far more moving boxes.)
The other day I was stopped at traffic light and a song came on the radio that made me want to climb on top of my car and dance, which would have also been interesting and embarrassing and hilarious. It was just such a fantastic love anthem, so much more appropriate to be the soundtrack to the last 15 years and 10 homes in three states I've spent with Kolby. Because despite all those teen romances I used to read and watch, (um hello? Am I the only one who wanted to be Mary Stuart Masterson in "Some Kind of Wonderful?") life is not normally all that sweet and romantic. It's an up and down, crazy and wild ride. And I'd take that any day over sweet and romantic.
Man o man you're my best friend I scream it to the nothingness
Home is wherever I'm with you
(Our anniversary isn't actually until next month.)
(And you can listen to more Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros here.)
(And you can listen to more Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros here.)
6 comments:
Several comments: 1) I love the video. 2) You are not you with long hair. 3) What on earth were you listening to when you heard this song? 4) And yes, I saw you snuck a few pics of your pets in there...crazy cat lady:) Happy almost anniversary!
sweet slideshow *Ü*
Very cute. How long did that take you!?
Where did 15 years go? 15!!! wow, happy anniversary, I loved seeing all the pictures. And I can sure see a resemblance from your girls baby pics to michelle's baby. A little bit of the family gene pool showing up. Love ya tons. mom
This song is totally stuck in my head now. So folksy, but CUTE.
I love sole mate happiness. Congrats to the both of you. Ian and I are looking forward to our 10year in July.
So cute! Happy Anniversary next month!
Post a Comment