Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hobo Chic

It's that time of year when the kids' closets need overhauls because their jeans are either too small, or have holes in the knees, or both. (And it's a frustrating time of year to buy new jeans, because they're going to start wearing shorts soon, and the jeans I buy now will probably be floods in the Fall.)

Anyway, Madeline's pants were in bad, bad shape, so a couple weeks ago I bought her all new jeans. I kept the old hole-y, too short jeans for camping, but put them on the top shelf in her closet. And for some reason, at least twice a week I have to tell her to go put them back on the top shelf and put on the new jeans.

So today, once again, she comes out wearing jeans with big blow-outs in the knees that are also 2" too short. I told her she looked like a little orphan child.

Amelia said, "Yeah, you look like a little hobo. You're a hobosexual."

4 comments:

Astrid said...

Bwah ha ha!!!

Michelle said...

I miss those girls!!

Jodi said...

I love it. That is hysterical!

JenB said...

Funny! Just patching some pants today ...