Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Getting there

So you've seen the before photos. Here's a few photos of the "during."


And this is the master bedroom--the first room to have all the staples from the carpet pad removed. It's all prepped and ready to be sanded and finished! We also removed all the mirrored closet doors. And no, we will not be mounting them to the ceiling. You thought you were being original with that little joke, didn't you?
I think this job has turned into MUCH more work than the hardwood guy expected. He thought it might take him 1.5 days to remove the carpet, vinyl, staples, etc. He just finished up the third day and has plenty more staples to go. But he does think he'll get the hardwood installed in the kitchen and living room tomorrow!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Soooooo exciting. I can't wait to see more pictures. I wish I could hop on a plane and be there to help you move!

JenB said...

Looking good ... I don't know how you do it. I'm a builder's wife, I don't know that I have it in me for a remodel :)