I won't bore you with all the reasons why neither of us can bear to have the television in the actual family room. Just know that that is something we can both agree on. I can tell you it has something to do with a certain porous fella who lives in a pineapple under the sea. So the TV is going in the "formal" living room, similar to how we have it in our current house.
But we are unable to agree on the layout for the room, and since we can't get the cable outlet installed until we figure this out, and heaven forbid we live without television for a few days, I'm asking for your input.
Which layout? That big behemoth on the wall on the right is a fireplace. Not really that big in person, but it has a long raised hearth, so that wall is pretty much taken. The upper right corner is the kitchen, the upper left is the dining room. The left wall is the floor to ceiling windows, so no furniture can go against that wall.
Option #1:

Option #2

A couple of photo reminders from the MLS listing, if that helps. (This is the seller's furniture. And the realtor's fake plants. Our furniture is size/shape as shown in layout above. And our houseplants are less dusty, but much more brown than that.)

And no pressure, but if you choose Kolby's layout (and in fairness I can't tell you which is his), I will no longer respect you or call you my friend. Just so you know.
And no pressure, but if you choose Kolby's layout (and in fairness I can't tell you which is his), I will no longer respect you or call you my friend. Just so you know.
6 comments:
Oh obviously #2. No question. I hate TVs directly across from windows (GLARE)....and over fireplaces (TVs should be at eye level when seated).
What do I win?
If the window would put glare on the TV (depends on sun angle) then agree with decorscout. But otherwise, prefer Option 2 - it better groups the two focus options of TV and fireplace and better opens the seating arrangement to include the dining table - good for larger gatherings.
Option #2. That way it separates the "tv room" from the dining room while still leaving it possible to watch saturday morning cartoons from the dining room table. :) I sure hope I made the right choice as your sister so I'll be allowed to come up and visit.
I'm going with Layout #2 and can feel your pain with the "porous fellow". I really like your new house! Congrats again!
I sort of didn't want to vote for fear of not being allowed to visit either- but since everyone else has preferred the same option, I'm going to go with it too. I like #2 the best....it feels more natural to me.
Did we all vote right?
I like option 2 better.
kelliewith3kiddos
Post a Comment