Sunday, October 18, 2009

Reduced to the most simple pleasures

I think my brain is so overloaded with school learnin' that the only things I can think to write about are cats, dogs, babies, and poop. Yep, that's about right.

First off, my cats are hilarious. But I shouldn't write about them or post any of the many pictures I keep taking of them because I don't want to be known as the Cat Lady.

Secondly, I have no time or energy to watch anything longer than 3 mins and 28 seconds. Just ask Kolby how many times I've fallen asleep in the first five minutes of "Arrested Development." I might finish one episode by the end of the quarter.

I do however, have need for comic relief. So that means I'm relying on silly Youtube videos people have sent me links to. Like my old favorite "Biskit the sleepwalking dog?" Still hilarious. The talking cat? Love him. And these are my two newest favorites. Less than three minutes, good belly laugh, and I'm ready to hit the books again.




And as far as the poop goes? That's just always funny. We've been studying "Elimination" and I still get the giggles from it. For example, did you know that normal poop has an "aromatic and pungent" odor, but abnormal poop smells "foul and objectionable?" Kolby and I decided you really need a second opinion on which category your own falls into. If the other person exhibits a wrinkling of the nose? Aromatic and pungent. A violent recoil accompanied by a look of disgust and inability to look you in the eye again? Foul and objectionable.

I do have to give my family a huge huge thank you for being so supportive of this transition. I am absolutely loving being in nursing school, and the main reason I'm able to love it is because they've made it so easy. Kolby has been extremely helpful around the house and with the girls, and the girls have become quite independent, allowing me to squeeze as much studying into every day as I can. Thanks so much, ya'll!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I guess we can look on the bright side, no matter how bad we hate our jobs, at least we're not the guy who goes around sniffing bowel movements to determine which category they fall into. See? There's always someone who has it worse:)

Jodi said...

Do they offer a BA in Elimination Determination? Just wondering. Maybe you could make that your specailty. "I have my degree in nursing, with an emphasis on Elimination Determination." Any nursing home would happily hire you on the spot. I know you originally intended to go into labor or delivery, but this is something to consider. It probably pays well...