Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Rule #47

Several years ago, while driving through the Hood River "fruit loop" on the way to our favorite camping spot, we stopped at one of the farms to buy some peaches. They were the juice-streaming-down-your-arms-so-sweet-you-could-cry kind of peaches--the only type of peaches there should be. 

We bought a whole box of them, and polished off the entire box that night between two families.  And then we bought another box on the drive home.
(If you look closely, you can see the camping filth mixed with peach juice streaming down their arms.  Yum.)

Since then, out of season peaches have tasted like wood. I decided I was not going to torment myself like that anymore. I resolved to only eat in-season locally grown peaches, and I have to say, it is a very good rule to follow.

Perfectly ripe peaches at the farmer's market today. Sooooo worth the wait!!!

And in other news, I think my month-long saga of computer woes has come to a happy end.  Lots of catch up blogging to follow.

No comments: