Thursday, July 2, 2009

Nostalgia

The girls and I have been riding our bikes back and forth to the pool this week.  

Today when we got to the pool and parked our bikes, I was greeted by this beauty:

This is THE BIKE I learned to ride on!  Red and orange "Pinwheel" Murray with the banana seat and huge handlebars.  It even has a personalized license plate on the back like mine did.  I had to double check to make sure the license plate didn't say "Jamie."  (I gave up early on ever finding a license plate that spelled my name correctly.)  Mine didn't have the basket--only nerds had bicycle baskets.   (I kind of wish my bike now had a basket for schlepping stuff to the pool.)

Some poor kid must be visiting grandma and grandpa for the summer and is stuck riding this 30 year old bike to the pool.  I want to steal it so I can ride it.

2 comments:

Marie said...

Boy, where did that bike come from? It really is a blast from the past.... You should be concerned you're not entering into the "Twilight Zone". OOooh, are you old enough to know those shows?
I can see you on your bike weaving back and forth across the sidewalk learning to ride. I know I have a picture. I've got to dig it out. Love ya, Mom

Anonymous said...

I had a candy apple red schwinn with a floral banana seat. I LOVED that bike. :)