Monday, May 4, 2009

Fantasy vs. Actuality

I like to think that I'm a laid back, fun-loving, nary a worry in the world kind of person.  (I think that's the first time I've ever used the word "nary.")

I'm not sure why I think I'm that way, except that it's how I want to be.

In actuality, I worry about how hanta virus and swine flu could ruin my vacations.  I don't let my kids do things because of the risk of cervical spine injuries or falling off of high cliffs (even if there are no cliffs around).   And I spend a fair amount of my sleep worrying about what if I need to pee really bad but can't find a clean public bathroom.  Or a bathroom stall with doors.  

Edited to add a photo sent by my sister this morning.  This kid is totally getting swine flu.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure fun-loving people don't use the word "nary." That word instantly makes you sound like the fuddy-duddy you are. You should really try to be more like me:)