Sunday, May 3, 2009

Do NOT try this at home (except you really should.)

Bakerella Red Velvet Cake Balls  

One day last week I had Madeline alone at home with me for a few hours, so I decided we should have a cooking lesson.  I asked what she wanted to make and she said apple pie.  I was not about to start that undertaking on a Wednesday afternoon.  We eventually decided on Cake Balls, which I'd been hearing about from friends.

In short, DEEEEELICIOUS.  I can't keep my hands off them.  And the were lots of fun  because they are unusual and easy to make.   We made them with a homemade chocolate cake, cream cheese frosting, and melted milk chocolate chips.

Click here for the recipe.  But maybe you shouldn't.  I really can't stop eating them.  

2 comments:

Michelle said...

wow! those look delicious! can i put in an order to have some ready on may 21?

Astrid said...

Aren't they fabulous? You should try her cupcake bites. So adorable, and worth the effort. :D