Sunday, March 22, 2009

Turn around...


Madeline won't let us talk to her about growing up.  This is not new.  Since she was four years-old she's been very firm on this rule.  She does not want to ever grow up and move away from us.  Ever.  So stop talking about her getting big.  And no need for that college fund because she's going to be eight years old forever.

When we were eating fries in the lodge the other day, she was mesmerized by the teenage snowboarders sitting at the next table over.  I wish I could have heard what was going on in her brain, because it was processing.   I am absolutely TERRIFIED of my kids becoming teenagers, so I've been fine with Madeline's refusal to consider that she will someday be one.  But something in the way she was watching those kids made me think she was reconsidering.

No comments: