Next time I decide to give my dog a bath at home to save time, please remind me what a stupid idea that is.
We had a snow day yesterday (a frightening 2 inches on the ground! This city is snow-retarded.), and it seemed like too much work to get the kids and the dog out of the house to go to the dog wash, which was the one thing on my to do list that I had to do.
So I thought, "Hey, we have a walk-in shower. We'll wash her here." I really should have thought it through a little better.
Things I did consider:
- getting into bathing suits (the girls helped) since we'd have to actually be in the shower with Gabby.
- drying her
Yeah, that's pretty much it. I didn't think it through much beyond that.
Things I realized once we were all soaking wet in the shower with the dog:
- wet dogs stink really really really bad.
- we were going to be stuck in wet swimsuits in a humid stinky bathroom with a stinky wet dog for a really long time while we dried her with our one hair dryer
- there was a good chance all that Golden Retriever fur was going to clog up the drain
- the girls "help" resulted in every towel in the house being used to dry the dog, which means many more loads of laundry
- the entire bathroom would need to be cleaned because of the dog hair and the shaking
- we would all need showers when this process was over
All in all, my laziness ended up giving me about 2 hours more work than simply loading my kids and the dog into the car would have.
2 comments:
What? No pictures?
I'm laughing SO hard right now!!
Post a Comment