Wednesday, January 14, 2009

This blog post is rated PG-13 for strong language. Earmuffs.

When my dad finally gets to come visit, we're going to make up for the crappy year he's had, that's for damn sure.  Seahawks game?  San Juan Islands?  Space Needle?  We're doing IT ALL!  And we're flipping the bird at Winter '08-'09 while we're at it.  

I do think Dad needs to think about hibernation.  The months of October thru April are just not kind to him.  We could fatten him up in August and September to get him thru Winter, roll him up in some cozy quilts, and put him down in the dark basement to sleep for a few months.  When the snow starts to melt he could slowly re-emerge.  Come out when it's safe.  When the months aren't such bitches.

I'm really really bummed that he's not coming tomorrow.  Love you, Dad.   


2 comments:

The beach IS real life said...

So sorry to hear your parents had to cancel their trip and the disappointment that causes you and the girls. I'm sorry he's sick and has had a bummer year. I feel like a jerk as I look at my packed suitcase and get ready to head to the beach while you're sad. I'll send you white sand. It will make you happy-at least it always works for me. Love you lots.
P.S, Ya'll should plan a trip to Florida during the winter months. It's good for the soul! Open invitation. :D

Michelle said...

i know! poor dad! mom may come back from seattle with a note saying "moved to st george...feed jake"