Thursday, January 29, 2009

The red one or the yellow?

In our house we have a technique for making a really tough decision--things like which movie to watch, or which dress to buy.  The important stuff.  You narrow it down to two options (there's a technique to help with that part too, but it's irrelevant right now).  Then, an uninvolved person makes the decision for you.  If you are disappointed about their choice, then you know it was the wrong choice, and you are free to switch.  If you are happy, then you know which one you really wanted.   

Today I took my test.  I felt like it went pretty well.  But when my score popped up on the screen at the end, it said 77.7%.   My heart sank.  Definitely not enough to get into the program.  But then I realized that the 77.7% was the scale of the page, not my test score.  Scroll down, smarty pants.......I got 95%, which ranks me in the 99th percentile.  Which means I should have a good chance at getting in, assuming they accept all my transfer credits, many of which are as old as the dinosaurs.  

I'm feelin' pretty good about it, and I didn't feel good about not having the option.  So the technique works.

3 comments:

Doney Days said...

Way to go! Congrats!

Antonio said...

Congratulations smarty pants!

Michelle said...

congrats! i use that same technique all the time!