
I wish there was a way to bottle this day.
This probably won't be news to you, but I am a girl with an "anxious temperament." A compulsive worrier. Always have been. Jodi and I like to call it OCD (because she shares the same genes as me) but really, it's just your garden variety anxiety. Sometimes it's in remission, and sometimes it's with me like a fly on crap.
When Kolby and I were engaged, I worried. Like ya do. Especially when I was trying to fall asleep. He gave me a wonderful little trick. He told me that when I was laying in bed worrying, just daydream about our first little Christmas together--all the wedding craziness behind us, our first tree, our little apartment, the music playing. And it was perfect. It calmed me and put me to sleep every time.
I have used Noel Therapy every since. I don't know why it works, but it does. Last year was probably the most stressful Christmas of my life. I don't care what you say, unemployment SUCKS!!! (Granny Coons, if you are reading this, I'm sorry and I'll take an IOU on the mouth-washing). We had decided that if Kolby didn't have a job by Christmas, we were expanding the job search beyond Portland. So last Christmas, all wrapped up in anxiety and assuming we'd be moving, I started daydreaming about our next Christmas in Seattle (because it's almost Portland), in a little house (because homes are so expensive here!), hunkered down with just our little family, enjoying a lovely little worry free Christmas.
And here we are. Today has been perfect. Tomorrow I'll post some videos and pics.
2 comments:
Glad you guys had a good Christmas. We missed you here! We had a good one too though.
So it will not come as a surprise to you that the anxiety goes beyond you and jodi. Yep-auntie, uncles, cousins. If Sara and Adam combined their anxiety "energies" they could fly the space shuttle to the moon and back. Nice therapy hint from Kolby though. I'll have to try it. Love you lots and glad to hear this year was last year's dream. That's nice.
Post a Comment