Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Six Months

I have no excuses.

Well, actually I have a lot of excuses, but probably none of them are good ones. Balancing work and family is exhausting, writing sounded overwhelming at the end of a long day, my computer came a little closer to death every time I picked it up so any attempts I made at updating my blog usually ended in my computer crashing, blah, blah, blah.

But maybe, just maybe, I am back. Maybe I'll catch up on the last 3 months, maybe I won't.

Yesterday was my 6 month anniversary at work, which also means I've been working full time for six months. (duh) Those two statements actually mean different things to me. Being at my job for 6 months means I'm starting to feel a little more comfortable and confident as a nurse. Working full time for six months means I'm starting to accept what I can't do at home. How's that?

What have I learned after working full time for six months?
  1. Two parents working full time is not conducive to keeping a clean house (or car or yard).
  2. A house cleaner is a really lovely thing. So lovely, in fact, that I would probably keep working at a job I hate just to come home to a completely clean house once every two weeks.
  3. When you have time and energy to make dinner, think big. (See #4)
  4. Leftovers are okay for dinner. Three days in a row.
  5. Eggs are okay for dinner when you run out of leftovers.
  6. Working makes me appreciate being home more. Especially the day after the housecleaner comes.
  7. If you buy everyone a lot more socks and underwear you won't have to do laundry as often.
  8. Being on your feet all day does not count as exercise. (At least that's what the scale and my jeans tell me.)
  9. Leaving the house for the gym on my days off pretty much always sounds like a bad idea. For this reason, workout videos are a must.
  10. The cool thing about working out at home is that you can do it in your pajamas. Just add bra.
  11. My kids and husband are really cool, responsible, helpful people when I get out of their way.

1 comment:

The Circus said...

amen amen amen!!!!! Can I get an AMEN?!
Except I don't have a housecleaner. :(