There were plenty of days that Kolby got the girls off to school while I was in nursing school, but since that felt temporary, I think he was fine with them looking homeless as they walked out the door on those days. But now that I am working at a real job, and it feels somewhat permanent or long-term that he will be the parent getting them out the door to school, he's decided it's time to do their hair.We had a brief tutorial the night before I started my new job. I showed him on my own hair how to part, and did not realize what a skill that actually is. I should have--the girls have yet to master that technique, or maybe they just don't care about it. But we worked on that skill for a bit, and then moved on to braiding.
The next morning on my break, I checked my phone and burst out laughing. I was treated to these photos on Facebook the first few mornings I went to work. I love that it's mostly my friends cheering him on in the comments.
Day One of Dad on Duty:


Day Two--Daughter #1


Day Two, Daughter #2


And just so you know, this is what he starts with. It is no easy task to whip this into shape:
But he has, and each day has gotten better. 



It cracks me up to see him looking at hair blogs now, checking out french braids and fish braids and saying that he needs a Topsy Tail hair tool for doing cool pony tails. Love that guy.
3 comments:
I am so impressed with Kolby doing hair for your girls!
So funny. I've loved reading his fb posts about their hair. Such a good dad.
This is awesome. tell him that on the hair blog http://www.cutegirlshairstyles.com/ they have a section called "daddy dos"... 12 hairstyles that a dad can do on his daughter :)
Post a Comment