Sunday, October 30, 2011

Portland Getaway

My mom was in Portland a few weeks ago for a quilt convention, so the girls and I headed down to spend the weekend with her. We got a room in the hotel where she was staying so we could be close since we weren't sure how much time she'd be working and how much she'd be able to play.

It was such a fantastic weekend. It was gorgeous fall weather and we had a great time walking around downtown, taking the train around, swimming in the pool, and eating at our favorite restaurants. For some reason it felt like we were living there hanging out at our favorite places with my mom. We drove around our old neighbhorhood in North Portland. I have so many great memories of running those leaf covered streets in the fall, and walking them pushing the girls in the stroller with my mom when she would come to visit. I think we were all feeling very nostalgic, so we decided to head out to the pumpkin patch we visited when the kids were in preschool. Mom always came to visit in the fall, so she'd been out to Sauvie's Island with us.

One of my favorite photos of Amelia as a baby was taken at the pumpkin patch. I made Amelia pose in the pumpkins so I could get a comparison photo this time.
It does not seem that long ago that my kids were this size!


2 comments:

Michelle said...

Aww! Jordyn just grew out of that purple sweatshirt. That makes me sad that before I know it she'll be wearing a cute dog hat and all grown up! I remember coming up to visit when Maddie was just a baby!

JenB said...

mmmm ... elephant ears!