That light, right there, coming through the aspens? (We call 'em "quakies.") You have no idea how beautiful it is. And in the fall it is breathtaking.
Maddie and Grandma made that "cabin bag" before we left. It was perfect for carrying around horny toads and rocks.
Part of what was so amazing this time was seeing the entire transition to "next generation." When I was a kid it was me running all over exploring that mountain with my siblings and cousins, and then listening to my Grandma, aunts, and parents sing and play the guitar around the campfire at night. This time it was my kids and my siblings' kids exploring, with me and my siblings bumping into each other in the kitchen preparing meals and then Dad, Jodi, and Kolby playing guitar around the campfire. There's a Vampire Weekend song I love with a line that says, "Me and my cousins and you and your cousins, it's a line that's always running." I couldn't get it out of my head this weekend.
Kalee's game was a crazy video/photo scavenger hunt that we played in teams. I think we need a video made with the photos.




(Three blonds screwing in a lightbulb.)
And as every family knows, it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.

Every once in a while we need a trip to the ER in Price to add to the cabin lore. And at least Kolby and I were wearing matching shirts for that ER trip.
Apparently, Great Danes do not like water fights.
Every once in a while we need a trip to the ER in Price to add to the cabin lore. And at least Kolby and I were wearing matching shirts for that ER trip. It was a fantastic weekend, and I'm already looking forward to doing it again next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment