For several years after moving to Portland we spent the week between Christmas and New Year's in Sunriver with our friends, the Nelsons. Last year, with my school schedule getting in the way of a long trip to Utah for Thanksgiving, we decided to head home to Utah for the Christmas holiday instead. And so the Nelson's went to Hawaii.
This year we joined them. We pulled the kids out of their last week of school, and spent nine amazing days in Maui. (On Maui?) I felt myself decompress instantly upon arriving, and stayed in that amazing "chill" mode for the entire trip. It probably would have had a nice afterburn effect, except our re-entry into the world after vacation was brutal. More on that later.
For now, let's remember the good times. Here's some pictures from our first day or two.
View from the lanai on the Nelson's ground floor unit
Maddie and Mason

Mia and Cooper

View from our condo on our first morning. I could see this view from our bed. We slept with all the doors open and listened to the waves all night.
FROGS!!! Hawaii rules!
Aaaah. See? Now I'm all relaxed again. Stomach flu, head injury, car repairs, it's all like it never happened and I'm on the beach with sun on my back again.
1 comment:
Oh man. I love Hawaii.
Post a Comment