The reason I consider it ADD is that I don't really preplan to do anything. The thought process behind every project goes something like this, "I need to make the kids some lunch. Oooh, lookee there. I think that pantry door needs some chalkboard paint. I'mgonnadoitrightnow." Three hours later the girls are in tears because I never fed them lunch, but my pantry door has been sanded, primed, and the second coat of chalkboard paint is drying.
So what follows below is a few snapshots of projects I've worked on this summer. But please rest assured that behind the camera the rest of the house remains a complete disaster.
Hmm...maybe that's where the attention deficit comes from.As it is now with a little patina and my master list:

The laundry room. I think this deserves a before and after since it involved HOURS of scraping wallpaper. You'll remember this before shot. It's hideous.
And look closely through the doorway. You can see the lovely matching floral wallpaper, wallpaper border, and valance from the foyer:
I know this is an overload of afters, perhaps far more than a laundry room warrants. This project makes me so happy because you can see the laundry room from the kitchen and living room, and it makes such a difference (to me) to have that @#%^ wallpaper and matching floral valance gone. I still need a window treatment and some decorations for the wall maybe, but for now it's good.



Okay, and maybe in that photo of the breakfast nook you noticed I brought in the hutch to go on top of the credenza. Want to guess why? Because I got tired of looking at this blank wall. I even put a nail in it to hang the picture! (Pardon the bad photo--it was taken with my old iphone)
Unfortunately, I'm still noncomittal with the rest of the space on that wall. And the location of lamps. Everything gets moved around every few days.
Are you bored yet? Want to see a few more small projects I've completed?
Stripped more wallpaper and painted the tiny master bath (I think the picture needs to be lowered a few inches):
Closet doors (I think I need to move them to the left two inches):

Painted my old ikea desk white for a study spot in the nook in our bedroom:
Mod Podged a bunch of maps on Amelia's old bookshelf. It's bit of a Monet--cute from afar, but a mess up close. It was my first attempt at Mod Podge, and I learned a few things.
Finally organized the crap important items above the desk. Have I mentioned how much I hate glass fronted cabinets?

And since I borrowed some things from the bookshelf for above the desk, that required a little rearranging of my favorite bookshelf.

Closet doors (I think I need to move them to the left two inches):Painted my old ikea desk white for a study spot in the nook in our bedroom:
Mod Podged a bunch of maps on Amelia's old bookshelf. It's bit of a Monet--cute from afar, but a mess up close. It was my first attempt at Mod Podge, and I learned a few things.
Finally organized the
And since I borrowed some things from the bookshelf for above the desk, that required a little rearranging of my favorite bookshelf.
I think that's about it so far! Before school starts for me on the 20th of September, I need to scrape wallpaper from two more bathrooms and paint our master bedroom. Or mabye I won't.
9 comments:
It looks amazing! Utterly amazing! :D I love your laundry room. I really do. the color is fabulous.
(And, given enough coffee, I *could* rule the world.)
It looks like a house out of a magazine!
And you are in nursing school, why?!?!? Hello, Crate and Barrel would hire you based on these pictures alone. Wow, GREAT job.
I'm loving the laundry room. And the orange boxes. And the buffet. And the picture over the other couch (why didn't we think of that while I was there????). It's all so fun.
I wish we would have had time for you to help me do some things at my house while you were here!!! As you noticed, I still have blank walls EVERYWHERE!
oh, and yes, all of your projects look so great. The laundry room looks awesome...especially when you can see it from the other rooms! Love the colors.
Oh my goodness it looks AMAZING!
So I'm late to the redecorating party with this tip, but first I want to way your home is beautiful. It's quaint and stylish and I would imagine very comfortable. Now for my tip-I had to strip wallpaper and have a recipe for stripper. It has fabric softener in it. Maybe you already know about it. (I should have put it in the family cookbood!) Even without my helpful tip, you did a great job!
Your house looks gorgeous, Jami! You could be an interior decorator! I love how organized all your shelves are, they are even color coordinated. Cool idea with the chalkboard pantry door and your laundry room looks awesome! I'm impressed!
Post a Comment