Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Creamy Chicken Taquitos. Make them.

Image via Ourbestbites.com

My sister Jodi deserves credit for discovering this recipe, and I thank her with my mouth full of goodness every time I make them.

These have become a staple in our house over the last month--I keep leftover filling in the fridge to make a before or after swim practice snack for the kids. I save leftover chicken to mix up a quick batch for lunch. And I'm finally able to work through that ginormous stack of corn tortillas. (Why do they only sell corn tortillas in stacks of 220?)

Click here for the original recipe. I've tweaked it a few times and found that we actually prefer red salsa instead of green (my favorite is Emerald Valley salsa). And I love green chilies, so I usually add 1/2 a can of those to the mix as well. Do not forget the olive oil and kosher salt on top!!!

Tip: microwave the corn tortillas 3 or 4 at a time between damp dish towels for about 45 seconds so they are easier to roll. Jodi likes using flour tortillas. I haven't tried it yet because I still have about two dozen corn tortillas left from the original pack I bought.


1 comment:

Courtney said...

Those look good- I am gonna have to try that. Thanks for sharing (you too Jodi!)