This is the room Kolby sits in when he gets home from work and I'm cooking dinner. It's where we sit to read with the kids at night. It's where I study. It is a lovely room that has no TV and holds all of my music. It even has pocket doors that I can close to listen to music as loud as I want without disturbing the Spongebob Fan Club. And it's been begging to be painted for weeks but I've felt paralyzed about deciding on a color. The kitchen color was easy. But the color for this room was tough.
It took a little nudging from my friend Jen, who has no fear of color, and it's finally done.
Here are some evolution pictures:

This is the wall that will remain nekkid for months. This is another thing that terrifies me--hanging stuff. (The painting above the buffet was lucky to find a pre-existing nail. Can you see the other pictures resting against the wall on the floor? They will be there for months.)And we should probably keep it real, no? So the first photo is what the family room looks like right now. Please note the girls pajamas from last night intermingled with the clean laundry that hasn't been put away intermingled with various TV blankets and I'm sure some dirty socks.
And this is the room where I shoved everything so I could take the "After" photos.


5 comments:
a) it's a "harth room" = area with cozy fireplace off eating / kitchen area.
b) LOVE IT. Great color choices and furniture pics. Rug looks good with the painting. Green chairs are a great find!
c) voting for a big ol sunburst mirror over the sofa
I feel so happy right now. love all of it. I can't wait to come visit. When are you done with school?
The "sitting room" looks amazing! I love the color choices.
And thank you for posting the "real life" photos...I was starting to feel like a complete slob!
You better stop posting so many enticing photos....you're going to have lots of us wanting to visit!
LOVE IT!!!! It looks awesome. Can't wait to see it in person!
I love it - the colour is beautiful! Is it sad that I appreciate the "keep it real" pictures because I'm glad that I'm not the only one who would have to gather up stuff to take "after" pictures? I love your house, especially the hardwood floors. What a difference from the MLS pictures!
Post a Comment