Sunday, December 20, 2009

A rose by any other name

The girls were asking me today what other names I had considered when I was deciding on names for them. Madeline thought "Ricky" should have been on the list of names for her. Amelia thinks we made a good choice for her name, but suggested "Bitsy" and "Starlight" should have been up for consideration as well.

1 comment:

The beach IS real life said...

I had the same conversation with Sara. In kindergarten, her teacher called her "Angie" and she was MAD. "I'm not an Angie!" she would protest. She had issues about her name until 3rd grade. Then she started asking what else we thought of naming her. (Angela had not been my choice) I thought Holly, Melody or Aurora and told her so. "Wouldn't you have named me Sara without an H?" So we humored her because I thought it would pass.Silly me.