Last week got pretty hairy for me at school between studying for exams and doing my first complete "nursing care plan" which I'm certain will be the bane of my existence for the next two years. I missed Madeline's pumpkin carving party on Thursday night because I was knee deep in trying to finish it for my 6 am clinical. Then the next day I missed both girls' class parties because of that clinical. Luckily, Kolby took them to the pumpkin carving party, and then made up for my absence at the school with pounds and pounds of candy when he took them trick-or-treating at Microsoft after school.

These are the only pictures I took of the girls in their costumes. I don't know how that happened. You can't even see the cute tights and glittery shoes they dragged Kolby to Target to buy for them so their outfits could be complete. (i.e. just like the ones in the picture on the packaging).
And Lily brought her furry friend Zoe to keep the kids entertained all night and take the pressure off the kittens.



Kolby and I went to a neighborhood Halloween party Friday night. It was a little lame. I mean I was a little lame. Snuggies were the best we could come up with for costumes. And they were so comfortable that I decided it was time to go home and go to bed at 9:30.
However, I was really just catching up on sleep for the part of the weekend I was looking forward to. Jeff and Sara, friends from Portland, came up to visit so they could trick or treat with us. Milo and Robin came up from Tacoma to join in as well. This was the first weekend since I started school that I completely ignored school obligations and relaxed. And it was heavenly. I made soup and bread for pre-trick or treating, and breakfast casseroles for in the morning. We sat around and talked, read gossip magazines, and played games. The kids created animal shows and counted their candy.
And Lily brought her furry friend Zoe to keep the kids entertained all night and take the pressure off the kittens.
It really was a perfect weekend. I need another one on the schedule to look forward to.
No comments:
Post a Comment