Wednesday, October 28, 2009

You'll poke your eye out

Madeline's big class pumpkin carving party is tomorrow night, and she had some ideas about what treat she wanted to take. Specifically, cake balls made to look like eyeballs.

I set her to work, all by herself, making the cake. This was her first solo journey in the kitchen, and she did a great job. (She tried to be nonchalant while I took photos, but she never stopped smiling the whole time.)

Then we made the frosting and rolled out the balls.

Today we dipped them in white chocolate and then....we were stumped. The frosting I planned to use wouldn't stick to the chocolate. We ended up melting more chocolate and then dyeing it to decorate them.

Madeline is beyond excited to show off her handiwork at the party tomorrow.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Those look...delicious?! Good job miss Maddie!

Courtney said...

How do you make cake balls? They look great! Way to go Maddie!

Marie said...

Way, to go Madeline! Gross out food for Halloween, my favorite! Love ya

The Circus said...

such a good idea!!!