Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Two down...

I'm in Week 3 now, and so far things haven't been too tough. Lots of reading. Lots and lots and lots of reading. But my stress level is low, and I'm really enjoying my classes, getting to know my classmates, and enjoying the whole process.

Things are getting busier though. This week I have a quiz, a test, and an exam. Next week I have a quiz, a test, and a medication calculations exam. Tests are "skills based" so it's "doing." For example, last week I had to perform a neuromuscular assessment--checking for reflexes, level of consciousness, muscle tone, etc. Exams are traditional multiple choice fill in the bubble on the scantron thing. Except for the med calcs exam next week. That will be lots of math...which gets me all excited because I love me some math.

Two more weeks and I start clinicals! Rumor has it, I might be administering flu shots. Guess I better work on that aversion to needles...



1 comment:

The beach IS real life said...

Exactly, needles are exactly what would keep me out of the medical field . . .and so would the blood. They'd be picking me up off of the floor frequently. But you CARRY ON! We're proud of you!