
Apparently, Fluffernutters are an East Coast thing. I heard about them for the first time this Summer from someone who said she does "Fluffernutter Fridays" for her kids' school lunches.
Fridays are my absolute favorite day of the week, especially when school is in session. We have our ritual: the girls have rockclimbing, we go out to dinner (usually sushi), and then get a movie and have "Family Movie Night" at home. This usually includes copious amounts of popcorn and Sour Patch Kids.
From the moment I heard about Fluffernutter Fridays I was determined to add them to the ritual.
So this morning, the first Friday back in school, fluffernutters were made. Peanut butter, nutella (not traditionally on fluffernutters, but so necessary), and marshmallow fluff. I'm sure there is a bit of nutrition in there somewhere. Their teachers will totally appreciate the sugar surge.
I even cut the crusts off. It's Friday.

2 comments:
you come up with the funnest stuff to eat! I think every month my blog says "I stole this recipe from my cousin..." ha ha here we go again :) totally stealing this one!
I never called those sandwiches that, but they were my favorite as a kid. Peanut butter and marshmellow fluff, surprisingly good on wheat bread! My friend's mom grew up in Maine, so I think it is a New England, east coast thing. I'm so glad they were a hit with your girls. My kids still think its a crazy idea and won't give them a chance!
Post a Comment